I take a long cycle rickshaw ride here. My day kicks off with a 25 min human pulled cycle rickshaw ride. Something which i would never do 9 months back.
In strange place, I have learnt the true meaning of ‘ being comfortable in your skin’. I have learnt to eat alone in a restaurant (Hope that I learn to watch movies in theatre alone too) I have learnt that sometimes a earphone is all you need. I have learnt that I will one day have no qualms about a malnourished person pulling me in a cycle. I have learnt that a crowded market can be exhilarating. I have learnt that I can hear Morcheeba’s ‘Enjoy the Ride’ million times. I have learnt that some days , the person I speak to most, face to face, is my maid and my rickshaw puller. I have learnt that the search for Bosphorous can keep you going. I have learnt that I can find peace in the most weirdest of times and places. I have learnt that there are few people who can still manage to pull you back. I have learnt how to live with 13 diff room-mates in just 9 months. I have learnt that a city can live on dark car windows and empty streets. I have learnt that I can’t live without QWERTY keypad phones and internet on phone.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment